Sunday, July 20, 2008

The market is in full swing

The Mrs came back with multi colored peppers today, along with zuchini, mushrooms, and a load of tomatoes. And, of course, more of the best peaches we've had in years.

Tomorrow, she will make spaghetti and serve sauted zuchini and onions over it.

One thing I've found is that really fresh local ingredients can stand on their own. A little extra virgin oil, a sprinkle of hot pepper flakes, and they are good to go. I don't even use sea salt most of the time. And just the smallest amount of shredded Romano cheese, and it's ready.

I'm looking forward to some thick sliced tomatoes on my sandwiches this week.

Whether it will be with mayo, or peanut butter (I'm telling you, this will catch on one day) New Jersey tomatoes are fine eating.

Low in calories, almost no fat, and one of the most versatile ingredients around. Delicious fresh, cooked, or dried, what other fruit has so many uses?

7 comments:

shyne said...

I'll pick a tomato from the garden and eat it like an apple....still warm from the sun....there's nothing more delicious!

Da Old Man said...

@ Shyne: You have that right.
Unless, of course, that tomato is from a garden In New Jersey. :)
I just had a thick slice of tomato on my grilled soy cheese sandwich.

MMMM.

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Local produce rocks!!! I'm glad to see you are enjoying it. :D Have you tried drying tomato slices? They're great during the winter months.

JJ :D

Anonymous said...

good afternoon ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for that singular model. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are approximately 310 dollars on every site. But completely I base this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good evening fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching for the sake of that singular brand. The prices due to the fact that the velcros were approximately 330 bucks on every site. But completely I base this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that meticulous brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers were around 210 bucks on every page. But completely I set this locate selling them for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what can you tell me about these?