Thursday, January 29, 2009

Burger King Angry Whopper taste test

Ok, this burger is not anywhere on my list of healthy choices. It is probably around 900-1000 calories, and most of that is fat. But, I live dangerously.

Anyway, I've read that the burge is too hot (spicy) and the commercials also indicate it is painfully hot.

It has sliced jalapenos, jack cheese, and hot (spicy) onions.

Ok, first off, I like eating hot things. Not crazy hot, like habaneros, but I often will kick up things with jalapenos, and always sprinkle hot pepper on my pasta. I like putting Frank's Red Hot sauce on most things. On a 1-10 scale, I'd put Frank's at a 2. When I buy jarred salsa, I usually get mild because that is what the Mrs prefers, and she winds up adding jalapenos to it. Go figure.

The burger is not that hot. It's ok. I've had one for dinner a couple times, and once it was mild as could be, and the second it was much spicier. I counted 8 jalapeno slices the second time, but didn't notice how many the first. I doubt there were that many, though.

My final rating?

If you like your food hot and spicy, it is a nice change of pace. Don't expect it to be painfully hot, because it's not. If a bell pepper is your idea of eating spicy food, then don't even think of trying this. I'd rate the burger a 2 on the heat/spiciness scale.

9 comments:

lot 2 learn said...

I had one a few weeks ago and really liked it. I am a bit bias though because I like BK more than McDonalds, but I did like the onions

Da Old Man said...

@ Lot2learn: I liked it a lot, but it certainly wasn't too hot like some reviewers said.

siteseer said...

I had to comment of your ecard heading...I don't know why I have this. I feel the same way, but here I have dropping cards. go figure.

The Self-Deprechaun said...

How about when it comes out after eating? Painfully hot?

Da Old Man said...

@ Siteseer: Exactly :)

@ Self D: No, not at all.

Kirsten said...

Thanks for the warning. I'm a total wuss and a bell pepper is spicy for me. :)

Janna said...

I still say they're wimpy, wimpy, wimpy! :)

I should open a restaurant and introduce the world to MY idea of what counts as "spicy."

Some of my customers might actually survive the experience.

Da Old Man said...

@ Kirsten: It may just kill you. Stay away.

@ Janna: I would be afraid based on your reviews of other spicy foods.

Anonymous said...

Interesting post... Looks like flash memory is finally beginning to take off. Hopefully we'll start seeing a drop in SSD prices soon. $5 32 gigabyte SDs for your Nintendo DS flash card... imagine that!

(Posted by NewPost v2 for R4i Nintendo DS.)