Monday, October 20, 2008

Peanut Butter and Company

The Mrs. went to a new store over the weekend because that's what she does. I think the name is the Christmas Tree Shop in Freehold, and she found a bunch of stuff on spoecial. One of these things is Peanut Butter and Company Spicy Peanut Butter. This sells at QVC for around 8 bucks for a 16 oz. jar and around the same (with shipping) at the company website. She paid $2.69.

But it is only a bargain if it's good, right? And, it is very good.

And hot as heck, too. When I had my toast with this and jelly this morning, it brought the heat. And it stayed for a while. It wasn't painful heat, but it definately woke up the old taste buds. I would have to say I liked it a lot, but not for 8 bucks a jar. Ok, so I'm cheap, but prefer the term frugal. Unfortunately, we are out of tomatoes, so I couldn't have it as a PB&T, which, of course, is the ultimate test for me. If the jar makes it to the weekend, the Mrs. will make a trip to Shop Rite to get a tomato so I can really enjoy my peanut butter. It's good with jelly, for you non adventurist types.

Photobucket

Coming soon: Marshmallow taste test.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I think I can understand spicy peanut butter, but what really freaks me out is that you put tomatoes on a PBJ. And would you believe I've never eaten a PBJ in my life? I guess I have no room to talk about the tomato thing if I've never even tried one.