Sunday, May 18, 2008

MMMM Sunday morning

I haven't had my favorite Sunday morning breakfast in a few months. It's a diabetics nightmare, so I have been avoiding it. I will give in soon, though, I'm sure.

Here's my way to start a Sunday:

Start with Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Pancake Mix. Add the water as directed.

Add in some chopped pecans

Add in some fresh fruit (blueberries or strawberries rock!)

Then just make them on a griddle.

Serve with butter and pure maple syrup. Please don't use that artificial junk.

Give me a hot cup of coffee to go with it, and it's a meal of meals. Perfect start to a perfect day.

By the way, the Mrs. serves me a special coffee most days. She mixes in a package of Swiss Miss instant hot cocoa in my mug to make my ordinary coffee a mocha latte.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Eric Gamble said...

That has to be one of the greatest breakfasts ever....who doesnt love pancakes!!
When I was little, my parents would take us on our only vacation during the summer....2 weeks at panama city beach, florida. It was the cheapest place at the time that would allow us to visit the beautiful beach.
Anyways, at the end of the vacation on our drive home, we always stopped at IHOP. This was before IHOP ever took over the deep south...it was the only IHOP that I knew of for some 200miles. It was and still is a family tradition. I go in and get one thing...Chocolate Chip Pancakes with a side of cornbeef hash. Something super sweet with something super salty. Talk about potential heart disease or stroke waiting to happen. But thus is life and it is one of my happiest childhood memories. If your ever in the IHOP in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida and you see a 30something man eating Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Cornbeef hash...come over and say hi.
Thanks for helping me remember such a happy time.
Eric the Travel Beggar
http://TheTravelBeggar.blogspot.com